The Monza Film Fest aims to promote genre cinema in all its forms. It intends to be an expressive space and a platform for filmmakers from all around the world, giving them the right space and recognition.
What matters to win an award at the Monza Film Fest is the underlying idea of the film. Whether it’s shot with limited resources is not important to us; our motto is “NEW IDEAS, GREAT TALENTS.”
IMPORTANT: Every two months, the jury will meet for a private screening and decide the awards for those two months. Some of the award-winning films will then be screened at the final event, which will, as always, take place at the Cinemal Capitol Anteo SpazioCinema in Monza, in September 2024.
The results will be published on our website and on our social profiles.
Every two months, we will select a country of origin for the films that will have the opportunity for free submission. Important: the films must genuinely come from the indicated country, otherwise they will not be eligible for competition.
Awards & Prizes
(with digital laurel reception, in pdf / jpg file)
Best International Film
Best European Film
Best Asian Film
Best American Film
Best Italian Film
Best Lombard film
Best Micro Short (under 5 min)
Best Super Short (5-10 minutes)
Best Medium Lenght (10-30 min)
Best Low Budget Film
Best Original Idea
GENRE FILM AWARDS
Best Web/TV Pilot/Tv Series
Best Young Director
Best Makeup, Hairstyling or Costumes
Best Movie Poster
Other prizes will be also decided by the jury.
RULES AND TERMS:
– All types of videos less than 60 minutes are accepted.
– Multiple registrations are accepted
– There is no limit to the year of screening, any year is accepted
– Each film must have subtitles in English or Italian. The finalist films must send the srt file of the subtitles in English or Italian.
– Any genre is accepted
– By registering, you declare that you have the rights to the registered film
– The festival may use for promotional purposes the data of authors, producers and crew, the movie poster, the trailer and a maximum of 1 minute of the video
– Films that incite violence or hatred in general are not accepted
– By registering the film at our festival you agree to share personal data with partner festivals, but only for promotional purposes.
– Distributors can ask for a special price for the registration of 20 or more films. To do this, just send us an email to email@example.com
ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES
The admission to the Festival implies the unconditional acceptance of this regulation.
For any dispute not covered by the Regulation the competent authority is the organization of the Monza Film Fest, if such disputes do not find the solution, the competent authority is Foro of Monza.
In case of objections to this Regulation Italian version of the same prevails.
Subscribers to the Monza Film Fest agree as established by Legislative Decree 30 June 2003, No. 196 on the protection of privacy, the use of personal data for all initiatives related to the event. The Author of the film declares to accept the Regulation in all its parts and to have the legal availability of the film and to authorize the public screening without compensation, freeing the organization of the Festival from any present and future responsibility. With the contest entry each author is responsible for the content of his work. The author claims to own all rights to the work, not prejudicing in any way the rights of third parties, like other authors, subjects portrayed, transferees of rights, together with those music, etc. . It also declares that the audiovisual material is not protected by SIAE. Under the provisions of Legislative Decree. 30/06/2003 n. 196, we inform the author that the data requested is necessary for completing the documentation of registration to the Festival.